Saturday 25 June 2011

Low Carb Blueberry Coffee Cake

This is a fairly simple recipe. The only thing that I can't buy in my grocery store is the ground almonds (sometimes called almond meal). I get mine at Bulk Barn - but you can grind up blanched almonds as well.


Low Carb Blueberry Coffee Cake


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 inch pan.
Mix:
1/2 c. Splenda
1 c. ground Almonds
4 T butter
1 t cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
This will be crumbly. Spread this in the bottom of the pan. I pressed it down lightly with the back of my wooden spoon.

Thinly slice (just less than 1/4 of an inch) 1 block (8 oz) of Philadelphia cream cheese and lay a single layer of cheese on top of the bottom layer.

Sprinkle 2 c frozen blueberries evenly on top. Set aside.

Mix well:
2 c. ground Almonds
1/2 c. Splenda
2 eggs
2 T oil (I used peanut oil, but canola oil would do just as well)
1/2 c. regular sour cream
2 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder

Pour this mixture on top of the blueberries, trying not to disarray them too much.

Bake 35 minutes at 350. Use the toothpick test for doneness. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, Jane, but I can't use almond or hazelnut (allergy) -- any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete