Saturday 3 March 2012

Jane's Lemon Muffins

We had company coming this evening and I decided I'd make my old stand-by, Sour Cream, Lemon and Poppy Seed muffins... and horrors, of horrors - NO POPPY SEEDS.

So I took another recipe and modified it (as, you guessed it, I was missing an ingredient for it too!) So here it is!


Jane's Lemon Muffins

2 c. ground almonds
1 t. baking powder
3 egg whites
1 large egg
1 c. splenda
1 1/2 t. lemon extract
1 t. vanilla
2 T butter, softened

I use a silicone muffin 'tin' for this. I find it works slick - I put it on a cookie sheet in the oven and I loosen the muffins with a bread knife after they have cooled for 5 minutes and they pop right out. I wash the muffin 'tin' in the dishwasher. (Easy could be my middle name!)

Place the baking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix all the ingredients in one bowl with a wooden spoon. Fill 6 muffin tins 2/3 full. Sort of smooth the tops of them down.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Muffins will be done when tops are golden brown and a toothpick stuck into one muffin comes out clean.

Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.

Each muffin has 10 grams carbs, 4 grams of fibre - for a net carb of 6 gram.

No comments:

Post a Comment